Although there are many places you can get married, a church wedding is still important for many couples. Church weddings don’t cost a fortune, and churches are beautiful, historic venues.
If you would like to discuss a wedding, please make contact via the contact form. For a whole lot more information do check the Your Church Wedding site.
Here are some answers to common questions:
Can I get married in one of your churches?
The rules for marriages were changed recently, which has made it easier to get married in a church when you don’t live in the parish. However, by law you need to have one of the qualifying connections listed below:
One of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
One of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
One of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
What about divorcees?
Divorce is a fact of life. Whilst the church wishes that a marriage is lifelong and happy, we do recognise that sometimes things go wrong.
In some circumstances it is possible for you to get married on one of our churches, and it would be best to get in contact to talk through the options. We’ll have one or two meetings to discuss the circumstances surrounding the divorce and to fill in the necessary paperwork. If you’d like to see the sort of areas covered, please feel free to download a booklet here.
What if we have children?
It is possible to have a combined wedding and baptism service, if that’s something which appeals to you. If you’d rather not have your child baptised, then it is possible for there to be a thanksgiving rather than a baptism.
What does this all cost?
It depends on whether you want bells, music and so on but the average cost is somewhere between £430 and £530.